Saturday, February 24, 2007

New Talent

I love discovering new talent. It's not like I'm a talent manager finding people to sign or cast, but one of the things I really enjoy is finding out about people before they "make it big." I'll always be enormous fans of Michael C. Hall, Patrick Wilson, and John Mayer for that reason. Last night, I went to see Matt Wertz in concert at the Troubadour and found a new artist to add to my recently discovered talent list:

Jon McLaughlin.

He was the opening act last night, performing a four song set. And I was blown away by every second of his performance. His talent, his songwriting ability, and his coolness level were off the chart. I was completely impressed.

His first album, "Indiana", is set to drop May 15th. It's a definite piece to pick up. Or at least I am going to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home