Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Suite Date Night

Three times yesterday I ended up dwelling on “Date Night.”

Date Night was something that my suitemates and I did my Sophomore year in college.  All seven of us found dates (or at least those of us who weren’t dating anyone at the time).  All fourteen of us went out to dinner together at this little place in Harrisonburg that we actually ended up really enjoying.  If I remember, even Sads approved of it.  (That was probably before he became the restaurant Nazi.)

The plan for after dinner was a scavenger hunt.  Prior to that day, we had divided into three separate teams.  We were each responsible for coming up with the clues for one of the other teams.  And of course, I wasn’t about to be outdone.  The first clue we came up with for our designated team involved them going into the dressing room at Victoria’s Secret.  I don’t remember exactly what they had to do to get the clue, but I do remember that they had to leave dinner early because the mall was about to close, so they had to get to the lingerie store before it closed, or they were screwed for the night.  I remember that one of the clues lead them to the church building where I was attending at the time.  I think one of them led to the statue in the middle of downtown.  However, the best one required them to go to the campus police station and sing, “I Fought the Law.”  The problem is that sometime during the night, the males and females of that team had a rift and when it came time to that clue, only the guys got out of the car, went into the building and sang the song, expecting to be given the clue.  After they sang a verse, the police woman on duty stopped them, and asked where their dates were.  So they had to trudge back to the car, get their dates, and all four had to then go back in and sing before they were given the clue.  

After the scavenger hunt, we all ended up back in our suite and had a little dessert to cap off the evening.  

Oh, and somewhere in through this evening, apparently, I played “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” by Deep Blue Something over and over and over.

How I miss college.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home