Sunday, January 14, 2007

24!

JACK BIT SOMEBODY TO DEATH!

Wow!  Wham bam!  (And that’s just about Chloe’s new svelte look!)

And why do these people not just say “In Jack We Trust!”  Let him do whatever he wants and give him the resources to do it.  I mean, I know that would sort of ruin the whole point of the show, though wouldn’t it?

And a Jack that is much more attune to torture is a really interesting character.  Pairing him up with someone who doesn’t it also really interesting.  I just hope he and Assad are with one another for a while.   Or at least find one another now that they’ve been separated.  

What’s Kal Penn supposed to be?  A college student?  Isn’t he a little old?  Maybe he’s in school with Berooz from however many seasons ago.  I’d love to just to know whatever happened to him.  

Do that many people seriously ride the subway in LA?  That little detail feels particularly fishy to me.  And they check tickets on the subway?  I don’t know anyone who’s ever been on the subway in Los Angeles, so I don’t know how to verify that information.  Maybe I can just take a ride one day and find out.  But I don’t even know where to find a subway stop.  But what kind of dopey terrorist would sit at the back of the subway instead of in the middle?  I mean, I don’t know a lot about bombs, but I would think being in the middle would allow for maximum blowing uppidiness.  

How cool is it to see William Miller move from writing about Stillwater for Rolling Stone to taking geometry lessons from a terrorist on 24! (Michael Angarano will always be the young kid in Almost Famous to me.)  It’s great to see some of these new cast members too.  Alexander Siddig made a big impression on me in Syriana, so it’s great to see him working on US TV.  Hopefully, he’ll last the whole season, though I wouldn’t count on it. And yeah!  Regina King!  Marisol Nichols is a really talented actress and Peter MacNicol’s great!  (Of course, I kept expecting him to start playing Barry White at any moment through the two hours.)  The only one I’m not convinced about is Eric Balfour.  (Though what is up with Harry Lennix’s accent?)  I don’t really get why so many Executive Producers continue to cast him in roles.  Maybe they just see something I don’t, but hey, the casting team of 24 has done wonders with their casting before, so maybe I’ll figure out where I’m wrong in the next 20 weeks.

I just want Chloe tasering people!  (Maybe she could do a guest spot on Veronica Mars and they could go to a class together.)  

So when does Jean Smart come back?

Bring it on.  

1 Comments:

At 10:10 AM, Blogger Mirtika said...

I loved the bite to death thing. :) If all you got is your teeth to get the bad guy, use em!

Oh, and I said the same thing to my hsuband about the agency and Jack. I suggested they put a big sign over the door that everyone has to read that says, "If Jack says it; believe it. If he orders it, just DO IT!"

Mir

 

Post a Comment

<< Home