Friday, August 12, 2005

Out of the Mouth of Babes

What happens that we lose this level of honesty? Sure, I'm all for making people feel good and not hurting their feelings, but there's also something to be said for full, blunt honesty like this.

(And point of clarification, I don't think the Bible ever says it's whale. It says large fish--which most people assume to be a whale, but...)

"A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales.
The teacher said it was physically impossible for a whale to swallow a human because even though it was a very large mammal its throat was very small.
The little girl stated that Jonah was swallowed by a whale.
Irritated, the teacher reiterated that a whale could not swallow a human; it was physically impossible.
The little girl said, "When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah".
The teacher: asked, " What if Jonah went to hell?"
The little girl: replied, "Then you ask him".

2 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant.

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Royale said...

Cute. but I'd probably spank my kid for saying that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home