Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Stealth Smack

Has an actor ever gone straight from an Oscar winning role to as horrible as Stealth? It's horrible. Atrocious. Those words don't even begin to describe it.

If I were Jamie Foxx I'd put my Oscar in a secure vault somewhere for fear the Academy might ask for it back if any of them have the misfortune of stumbling into a theater and suffering through this.

And Josh Lucas.... Proving he's got a long way before he becomes as cool as Ed Norton or Paul Newman.

I don't even wanna get into the story because I actually left early. Only the second time in my life that I willingly got up and left. (The time The Majestic made me physically sick and I had to leave the theater doesn't count.)

I shoulda gone to see The Island instead. At least I got to watch Lance on Charlie Rose last night to abate the pain.

7 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Blogger Dogburt said...

I'm guessing the first time you got up and left early was...either "Alexander" or "A Shark's Tale."

 
At 7:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe "Stealth" was made before Foxx won his Oscar...back in the days when he couldn't afford to be choosey with roles. Rich said he read somewhere that the only reason the studio released it is b/c Foxx was in it.

The reviews just slay me...this movie sounds like a good laugh (though unintentional) to me! Jessica Biel as a Navy Fighter Pilot? One of only 3 pilots smart enough to fly a new, high-tech aircraft?

Josh Lucas was adorable in Sweet Home Alabama, but beyond that, I'm not impressed with the guy!

 
At 11:16 AM, Blogger The Marinara said...

Dude, was it worse than "Chasing Liberty"?

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Sarah Anne Sumpolec said...

Well...

I guess you just saved ME $16 bucks!

Yeah, Jessica Biel as a fighter pilot?? And a smart one...Come on!

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Royale said...

Yeah, it seems like the summer has been devoid of "blockbusters" this time around. I've had no interest in seeing the vast majority of Hollywood films this time around.

I was marginally interested in Stealth, but I guess I'll wait until some night 10 years from now when I have insomnia and the only thing on TV is UPN's late-night showing of "Stealth".

See you in 2015.

Just out of curiousity, was this the movie that Jamie Foxx had the head-tattoo?

 
At 7:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The summer is devoid of blockbusters!? Are you on crack? "Mr. & Mrs. Smith"..."War of the Worlds"..."Revenge of the Sith." Heard of em'? Each flick raked in piles of cash and fit most people's description of "blockbuster" to a T.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Royale said...

Actually, I am on crack.

Let me clarify - this summer is devoid of "blockbusters" that I wanted to see.

Given that my prior sentence immediately led to a discussion of what I wanted to see, I felt that such a clarification was not necessary. Apparently not.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home