Monday, October 02, 2006

Random Tidbits

Set your TIVO/VCR and be sure and catch the series premiere of "Friday Night Lights." "Variety" and "The Hollywood Reporter" both gave it strong reviews. I've seen the first episode and I liked it. Despite the football.

If any Republican in leadership knew about this creepy stuff Mark Foley was doing, then the entire party deserves to be hung out to dry and should lose their majority in Congress by a landslide. Beyond gross.

The Foley stuff is even more unsettling than the central romance at the core of "Down in the Valley." And when I watched it Saturday, I was really creeped out. Now. Not so much.

If you want higher and faster, rent "The Proposition." It's bloody and violent, but in some ways, it's a man's answer to "Sophie's Choice."

I officially love "Brothers and Sisters." It might not be the best written show on TV right now, but I'm hooked. Calista Flockhart and Sally Field are great, but Rachel Griffiths is the real standout in my mind.

1 Comments:

At 6:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm officially in love with "Brothers and Sisters" as well!! Missed the premiere but caught the second ep. last Sunday and LOVED it. Rachel Griffiths - incredible. Sally Field and Calista Flockhart bear an eerie resemblance to each other. The actually LOOK like mother & daughter. I have a hard time seeing all the Alias alums in this new setting.
Arvin Sloane as this "Saul" guy. The CIA shrink (Patricia Wettig.) Balthazar Getty. Oh- and the funeral scene looks like it was filmed in the same location where Emily Sloane's funeral was held in the second season of "Alias." :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home