Tuesday, September 12, 2006

TV is on Earth, Brilliance comes from Mars

A Conversation From Last Night

Friend: You were so right about "Veronica Mars".

Me: Well, duh.

Friend: I'm more excited about this than I am the upcoming season of "Lost."

Me: Well...

Friend: Maybe not that excited, but at least as much.

Me: Very good, but why did you think I was gonna lie to you?

This is the same friend who watched "Arrested Development" on my encouragement and then spawned his own cult of devoted fans. So why it took him so long to get on the bandwagon, I don't know.

Believe me, I've seen a lot of good TV and a lot of bad TV. I know awesome TV when I see it. "Veronica", at its best, is awesome TV. If you doubt it, the first and second seasons are DVD. Pick them up. This friend has managed to get through the entire two seasons (save four episodes) in less than two weeks, so it can be done.

And if you give yourself over to watching a couple of episodes of "Veronica" and fall in love with her, like any sane, normal person would do, you should also feel free to open your heart to a very beautiful "Ugly Betty" this fall. It has all the makings of another great series, like "Veronica."

1 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As soon as I get through Season 1 of "24" (1 disc down...) I'll try to get into "Veronica" next. But no promises:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home