Monday, March 06, 2006

Awards

I never would’ve thought this was possible, but I honestly think that watching an awards show on television is probably more fun than watching it live.  

This weekend I had the opportunity to volunteer and help out with the Independent Spirit Awards.  A couple of really long days, a little bit of sunburn, but overall it was an interesting experience.  I can’t say that I did anything that was groundbreaking or earthshattering.  I didn’t get to do anything glamorous (other than a little bit of crowd control), but it was still kind of interesting to see the whole thing happen.  

I wish I had exciting things to report, but there really wasn’t anything that big.  Allesandro Nivola accidentally thought that he knew one of my friends, so he was really chatty and extremely friendly with her.  Sarah Silverman did a great job hosting.  

The really exciting thing about the entire thing was that I was less interested in all the celebrities that were coming and arriving than I was in getting the facts regarding how the Forensics kids did at their tournament for states.  

I guess that’s good because it means I recognize the things that are important in life and the things that aren’t.  Right?  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home