Wednesday, September 14, 2005

My Fall Preview

There isn’t a whole lot that I’m looking forward to this fall—at least in terms of new television series.  Reunion sounds like the most interesting concept, but the reviews are so horrible that I’m almost afraid to check it out.  (I missed the pilot last week and it’s pre-empted Thursday for the President’s apology to screwing up Katrina.  Even the apology is late.)  I’ve always enjoyed Chris O’Donnell, so I’ll at least tune in to Head Cases if for no other reason than to see him on network TV before the show gets cancelled.  Commander-in-Chief could be interesting, but after Deterrence and The Contender, I don’t have a lot of hope in political stuff coming from Rod Lurie (though Line of Fire was pretty good), so who knows.  I still can’t figure out what the difference is between Threshold, Invasion, and Surface.  I’ll probably try Invasion a couple of times since it’s on after Lost, but whatever.  

It’s actually the sitcoms this year that kind of have me excited.  Out of everything, I’m most eagerly awaiting How I Met Your Mother.  I know that everybody is clamoring for Everybody Hates Chris (and I’m eager for that too), but I’m also excited about the possibility of seeing Alyson Hanigan and Neil Patrick Harris back on television on a regular basis.  They’re great actors who deserve success.  Chris, is of course what everybody involved with TV is buzzing about.  Hopefully it’s good and it will keep up the quality all year.  Beyond that—Kitchen Confidential could be interesting.  It has a great cast in Bradley Cooper, Nicholas Brendon, and Bonnie Somerville.  But it’s also Darren Star who’s never met a tawdry story he didn’t want to wade through.  

Nevertheless, here are the eleven premieres/season premieres I’m the most looking forward to:
  1. Veronica Mars

  2. Lost

  3. Arrested Development

  4. Gilmore Girls (I’m a little behind I know)

  5. 24 (I know it’s not till January, but still…)

  6. Alias

  7. Desperate Housewives

  8. How I Met Your Mother

  9. Everybody Hates Chris

  10. Everwood

  11. Nip/Tuck (I know, I know, I know…)

1 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Caught the pilot of "Everybody Hates Chris" while watching the in-flight TV on my flights to/from St. Thomas. (Yes, I got to see it coming and going.) I was laughing out loud. It's a sweet little gem of a show...I loved it. There's no laugh track (YAY!) and it has lots of little quirks like AD. I think you'll like it!!!

The preview of "How I Met Your Mother" was disappointing...didn't look remotely funny to me. "Out of Practice" -- Henry Winkler's new sitcom -- is just shameful. How he could go from playing Barry Zuckercorn to THIS, I have no idea. Everyone else just flails...yelling and making big gestures and big facial expressions equals comedy right? It won't last long.
I'm into Prison Break right now, though it's not nearly as what's on afterwards: House. Did you catch the premiere earlier this week? I heart Sela Ward...great show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home