Friday, September 02, 2005

Total Selfishness

There are definitely rules of common courtesy regarding a lot of urban practices.
When riding escalators, stay on the right hand side to let those of us who are moving pass on the left.
Don't pause too let to let obnoxious tourists take photos without anyone in them. (You'll ultimately back up traffic.)
Here's a new one--
Don't unplug somebody's laptop just because you need outlet power too.

I was working at a coffee shop this afternoon, and suddenly, my battery tells me that it's getting low. For a second, I thought the thing was on crack because I had the laptop plugged in. I look again, and my battery light isn't on. Hmmm... this doesn't make any sense. I start playing with the power cord inn the back, fiddling with the battery adapater and realize, the thing is getting no power. Then I look down and realize that the outlet I plugged my cord into is not the outlet I'm currently plugged into. That outlet doesn't work.

Apparently, when I went to the coffee bar to pick up my drink, the guy sitting in front of me decided to plug his laptop into the same outlet. In doing so, he unplugged mine, put his plug into the outlet that had power and then unplugged mine, putting it into the dead outlet. And of course, all, without saying anything.

You don't need to cry for me. (Though feel free to send flowers if you want). Just make sure you don't become a plug tyrant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home