Monday, June 06, 2005

New TV Faces

The TV season s over. It's time to wrap up.
Today, it's time to give a shout out to all the new faces on TV that we hope to see a lot more of.

Kristen Bell--Veronica Mars
She makes this show work. As Joan of Arcadia leaves the screen, Veronica comes in. Like Amber Tamblyn, Bell beautifully captures the wily determination of being a teenage girl. However, she also gets to show more pluck, spunk, and cool. Hopefully we'll get to see much more of her.

Michael Cassidy--The O.C.
As Zach, Cassidy has made a splash on the show and will hopefully be added to the cast full-time next year. He's got charm, great comic timing, and a droll sense of delivery that shouldn't go unnoticed.

Kristin Chenoweth--The West Wing
She's just awesome. And cute as a button!

Taye Diggs--Kevin Hill
Who cares if his show was cancelled? Diggs needs to be on TV. I'd argue the reason his head is shaved is because he has so much charisma it's coming out of every pore--including the ones atop his head. I can't remember the last time I saw someone with as much charisma as he has. Now if only he could get a show that does him justice. (Maybe something with his wife? Just an idea.)

Logan Lerman--Jack & Bobby
Incredibly talented young man with a face that screams innocence. Hopefully we'll be seeing more of him as he grows up.

the cast of Lost
I was going to single out a couple of cast members, but then I couldn't figure out which ones to highlight. Ian Somerhalder since he's gone?--(take a moment to mourn Boone.) Evangeline Lilly cause she's hot and talented? Dominic Monaghan? Daniel Dae Kim? You see my dilemma. This is an incredibly talented cast and I wouldn't trade any of them. I'm not even sure how I feel about Michelle Rodriguez joining the cast next season for fear that it might screw up the dynamics, but I've put my faith in the creators thus far. I trust they know what they're doing.

WELCOME BACK
Party of Five guys--It's great to have Bailey and Charlie--I mean Scott Wolf and Matthew Fox back on television in Everwood and Lost respectively. The fact that their shows are now as good as Po5 in its hey-day is only icing on the cake.

The Desperate Housewives--I'll admit Eva Longoria was a new face to me, but Cross, Hatcher, Huffman, and Sheridan were familiar faces that deserve to be back in America's living rooms every week. All of these women have talent, and even when the show fails them, they know how to make it work.

Alan Alda & Jimmy Smits--Even if their roles on The West Wing aren't the best roles of their lives, isn't it good to have them around?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home