Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Questions for the Day

Since when did "Beautiful Day" by U2 become classic rock?
Since when did I stop caring about American Idol? (oh wait--I know that--the very first episode).
Since when did I lose my ability to pack light?

AND DIFFERENT THOUGHTS...
I was going to say I'm not very excited about many movies coming out this summer. Then I started making a list and realized that I couldn't say that. I came up with 20 that I'm really intrigued by. Here's the first half of the list. Second half comes tomorrow.

  1. 2046--Kar Wai Wong's been redoing this for a while. It'll look good for sure.
  2. Batman Begins--I'm curious to see what Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale bring to this. The trailer has promise.
  3. The Bad News Bears--I don't care what Richard Linklater does anymore. I'm there. If it's 1/2 as good as School of Rock, I'll love it.
  4. The Beautiful Country--this is a little indie that I'm hearing great buzz about; supposedly a tender portrait of a bui-doi
  5. Bewitched & The Pink Panther--not really excited about anything other than finally getting to see Kristin Chenoweth on the big screen
  6. Brothers Grimm--Gilliam and Damon? Totally--even if Heath Ledger is the other brother.
  7. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory--curious to see Tim Burton go kid friendly--with Johnny Depp and Freddie Highmore to boot!
  8. Dark Water--this is Walter Salles' follow-up to The Motorcycle Diaries? That confusing note is enough to make me see it.
  9. Dukes of Hazard-sheer nostalgia. It'll blow, but I'll have fun.
  10. Happy Endings--Don Roos wrote it. Word is it's weak, but I'll decide for myself. After The Opposite of Sex, he gets a lot of leeway .

1 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger Royale said...

I'm totally down for Batman Begins and Dukes of Hazard.

I don't fully see the point of either Chocolate Factory or that water movie with Jennifer Connolly.

As for the rest, I'd give them a whirl on Netflix.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home