Thursday, May 19, 2005

Phenomenal Woman Awards

I got nominated!

Okay, maybe not. Yesterday I attended the YWCA of Greater Los Angeles' annual Phenomenal Woman Awards. It was a chance for the YWCA to acknowledge the women who make substantial, though they may be small, contributions to the organization's annual goals.

That got me thinking about all the people that do little things that I probably haven't thanked them for . There's a lot. More than I could count. I think I'm pretty good at thanking people for the big things (like giving me a place to crash when I had no home), and sometimes even the small ones, but I'm not sure about the tiny ones. Therefore, I present Anthony's version of the Phenomenal Woman Awards. I'm sure somebody will be left out. That's not my intent, but this is just an attempt to give a shout out to twelve people who have done little things over the last year that have meant a lot to me and I might not have adequately thanked them.

(And somebody feel free to come up with a better name than that.)

Sheryl Anderson--For seeming to be so excited to get to know me.

Dean Batali--For giving me the exact encouragement about my writing I needed so that the only thing to say when he finished was, "So when do I move to LA?"

Carrie Breig--For always improving my day whenever we have our e-mail conversations.

Valerie Buchanan--For crying when I said good-bye to come to the West Coast. There's nothing that says love more than somebody crying over your departure.

Sarah Carr--For your absolute calm.

Jackie and Mary Ann Lawrence--For your quiet and gentle strength, faith, and Godliness.

Robert Levine--For being so cool about giving me advice, even though he'd never met me before.

Michael Nugent--For making me remember that awkwardness, charisma, and the "kwan" can all go together in one kick-butt package.

Nathan Roberson--For always calling to check in every couple of weeks to see how life is doing.

Jan Sten--For always being interested in my picks and pans.

Trotter--For always sounding so excited to hear from me whenever I call.

Micaela Weiss--For one of the best competitive attitudes I've ever seen. It always challenges me to be better.

There are many more people to thank--Sads, LAQ, Royale, Troy, my Wonder Twin, but I wanted to make sure that these little contributions didn't go unrecognized.

Thanks!

1 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are *always* welcome, friend.

-LAQ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home