Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I Don't Think We're in Kansas Anymore--Part I

"L.A.'s a different place." I heard that multiple times before I came out here. I knew it'd be different--just not sure how so.

The first thing I can't get over--valet parking .

First of all, I'm a real fan of personal responsibility. I mean, if you're going to drive yourself to place X, then you should park yourself in place X--right? If you're capable of getting that far, shouldn't you be required to complete and go the rest of the way? The few places on the East Coast where I've encountered valet parking, it always just screams "pretentious!" However, valet parking is everywhere here--mall, restaurants, parking garages--and frequently, you don't have a choice but to have somebody else park you. I was valet parked when I showed up for a temp job this week. Explain that to me.

It just strikes me that really the only place that should have valet parking is a retirement home. Residents are people that probably could use the help getting their vehicle into a space in one piece.

And Happy Birthday Hope!

1 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Blogger GoGo said...

I Agree.

And if your car isnt worth over $40,000 they should pay YOU to park your car.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home