Saturday, April 30, 2005

Things That Make You Go "BLECK!"

I'm all for independent film. Love it. Think it's vital. 9 times out of 10 I'd rather see a little/miniscule budgeted film rather than another XXX or The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Just kind of what I dig, but still, I recognize there are indies out there that when you see, the only reaction is, "What were they thinking?" Or in the immortal words of Barbara of Act One, "BLECK."

The latest film to add to this canon is a little picture I saw on DVD this week called Book of Love, starring Frances O'Connor, Simon Baker, and Gregory Smith. The plot goes basically like this: Motherless teenage boy meets nice, loving couple in their early 30s/late 20s. They think he's great. He thinks they're great. They agree to take him to Disney World. He sleeps with the wife. She tells her husband. He insists on still going to Disney World because he promised. He quits his job as a teacher and decides to donate sperm to their lesbian friends. Creidts roll.

I'm not joking. That's the movie. All I could think was why did somebody ever read this script and think it's a good idea. I don't even want to get into what's wrong with the script. I think the synopsis sort of tells it all.

1 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

BLECK

I can't wait to see HG2G!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home