Saturday, May 21, 2005

June 7--Get Here!

I'm so anxious for June 7 to get a copy of the X&Y, the new Coldplay album, you'd think I was waiting for a new Joan Allen movie or something. It's been a long time since I've been looking forward to a non-TV or film product this much. In some ways, I find it encouraging and a sign of personal growth. In other ways, I think my materialist shallowness is just spreading and being more multi-dimensional. (But that doesn't inherently make me less shallow?) I know that when I get through the season finales of 24, Everwood, Alias, and Lost, I'll even be more excited because there just won't be anything else to look forward to!

3 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Sarah Anne Sumpolec said...

Just that you can admit to a level of materialism makes you less shallow than many:-)

I, too am looking forward to an album release for the first time in my life.

There's just too much media in my life - gee, thanks so much for pointing that out...

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have the same breathless anticipation for Faith Hill's new album, "Mississippi Girl." The single will be on Itunes May 24...that's tomorrow.

Today will be the longest day EVER.

I know, Faith Hill v. Coldplay. Hardly a contest to many, but being a country music lover, I can't wait to see Faith get back to her roots and deliver an album as country as "Cry" wasn't.

I added Coldplay's "Speed of Sound" to my iPod this weekend...love it. Anthony, are you a Pod Person yet? Get one. It will change your life.

LAQ

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Jeff said...

I'm certainly looking forward to X&Y - my Rush of Blood CD is going to wear down to a nub soon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home