Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Why no blogging?

It's a really good question because it's not like things haven't been going on in my life. I mean, I could talk about bad apple juice, the sad sitcom pilot taping I went to, the celebrity golf tournament I worked, Tom Welling's scary fans, the beautiful weather today, or even how odd it's been that two shows this week have used song from Ben Folds' "Rockin' the Suburbs" CD. I could even talk about how excited I am to see "What About Brian?" Sunday, but I just don't have it in me. I don't feel the need or desire to write about any of it.

On the other hand, I'm sure there's a connection between the fact that I haven't written on the blog in about a week and the fact that my script writing has been so painfully laborious this week. I spent like 12 hours on Saturday writing, but I barely got just a few pages done. And most of those will probably need to be thrown out. I don't know what the connection is.

Maybe it means something's off in my life. I could feel it last night, and I have suspicions that might be the problem, but how do I get it back on? Or can I? Is this just something to pray about and wait for or is there something I need to do more proactively?

Questions, questions, questions...

2 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Personally, I'm a proactive type (or maybe that's just wishful thinking), but I think funks have to be shaken off. I find exercise good for shaking off funks - painful, but good. Maybe a couple of long walks could do the trick?

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I have to agree with Melissa. Now that I think about it, it seems that my creativity slumps coincide with my workout slumps. The weather here in D.C. has been very eratic -- warm and sunny one day, cold and depressing the next -- and my moods are going up and down right along with it.

I've been in a major slump (as you well know) but broke through yesterday and have been able to write again. I had my "epiphany" the morning after getting in a good hour-long class at the gym followed by 30 mins. on the treadmill. Coincidence? I think not...

This girl might be on to something...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home