Thursday, September 22, 2005

Brilliance Found!

If I ever wrote a teaser as brilliant as the one for Lost’s premiere last night, I would not have to worry about finding an agent.  They’d be banging down my door begging me to let them represent me.  Sigh.

Seriously, was there a better way to kick off the season after your first Emmy win than that couple of minutes?  NO!  I kept thinking that it was a flashback to Locke as a young man until we got that crazy swooping shot.

Just so cool. . (And very nice to see Anson Mount back on TV after licking his wounds after The Mountain.)

Overall, I couldn’t tell if I thought the episode was great or if I just missed it that much.  I felt it was slightly better than the season premiere of Arrested Development that I got around to watching last night, but only because the story was a little stronger.  

I’m not sure that’s the back story I would’ve gone with though.  We already knew a lot of it, and it was good to flesh it out and tell us new stuff about the way it played out with Jack meeting her and all, but there have been more riveting backstories.  (Though wasn’t it obvious when Damien showed up in the stadium we’d see him again?)

And I’m also intrigued by the decision not to show the fate of Sawyer and company on the raft.  I don’t know why that is, but I’m sure we’ll see them next week.  Or at least that’s what the previews indicate.

One quick question though.  Was that really Julie Bowen playing Sarah again?  It looked to me like they recast.  Our cable still isn’t hooked up, so we were watching on an antenna, which wasn’t the best thing to do.  

2 Comments:

At 12:59 PM, Blogger The Marinara said...

Yes- it was Julie Bowen. I miss her!

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Sarah Anne Sumpolec said...

I was sitting there watching those first few minutes and jokingly said to my husband, "He's living in the hatch." And when it turned out to be the case I was floored - I am so intrigued. I agree about the backstory - though they tied it in well with the theme of "giving hope" on the island as well.

And yes, I'm not sure why they held off on the raft except to think that if they had gone there at all, they would have had to play it out more than they had time for...but since they did such a great job roping me back in with a crop of new questions, I can wait another week:-)

I'm thrilled that it's back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home