Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Am I Missing It?

So the first screenings of Munich started on the East and West coasts this week. And everybody I've read so far that's seen it seems to be provoked to conversation. I suppose with a topic like this--state sanctioned assassinations--it's bound to happen.

So let me just ask, maybe I'm being incredibly naive here, but isn't that something that as a developed, democratic society we should frown upon? I mean, isn't that kind of the point of "innocent till proven guilty"? No matter what ills someone has done, they are given the opportunity to present their own defense? If not, then why in the world is Hussein being tried? I don't know of anyone who believes he won't be found guilty of some serious stuff, so what's the charade for? Oh, wait! You mean the process is the important part--as integral as the outcome? Gotcha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home